Friday, January 27, 2012

Explosion of Colour, Old Schoolhouse Gallery Cleveland

Labyrinth series

Banana Blossom Bowl

I am a featured artist of a new exhibition at the Old Schoolhouse Gallery in Cleveland called Explosion of Colour.. The exhibition is a collaboration of works between 2D artist Grayden W Scott and myself which reflect the idyllic lifestyle of costal culture, they are bold and colourful. This exhibition will run from the 6th to 22nd Jan

My new work was inspired by the banana blossom growing in the backyard which slowly revealed the fingers of banana's growing down the stem. Due to the flood and cyclones in qld, my green banana's where $16 a kilo which made me appreciate what l had growing in my garden.

My porcelain bowls in orange and blue handpainted designs where inspired labyrinths, mazes and crop circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment